- All girls must use white hair bands or ribbons to tie their hair neatly. Mehendi, kajal, bindi, perfumes, bangles, rings are not allowed.
- Nails should be neatly trimmed and nail-polish should not be used.
- Ornaments and jewellery of any kind are not allowed in the school.
- Every student should wear a clean, complete and correct uniform daily. A pupil who comes to school without proper uniform or whose uniform is untidy and / or ill-fitting will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- Students should have sufficient sets of uniform.
- All boys must keep their hair short and should be clean shaven.
- Use of hair gel and hair colour is not allowed.
- Wearing trousers below the waist is strictly forbidden.
Medium of Instruction and Communication
The students and teachers will converse in no other languages except English in the school premises and during other outdoor programmes.
Absence and Leave
- Staying away from school without authorisation is not permitted except when the cause is sudden illness or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Students are not allowed to take part in any external tests/competitions on the school days without prior permission.
- After an absence from the school, the reason for the absence must be written and duly signed by the partens in the ‘Absence from School’ page.
- Medical certificate is to be furnished if a child is absent for more than five days on medical grounds.
- Pupils must not absent themselves from school on the day prior to holidays or tests/exams. They must rejoin classes after the holidays on the re-opening day itself. Any breach of this rule without prior written application and permission will be considered a serious offence and is punishable.
- A pupil who has been absent for 15 calendar days (including holidays) without due written authorization from the Principal may be considered as having left the school and their name will be struck off the rolls and may not be re-admitted.
- Any leave involving more than 15 calendar days must be applied for in person and a written permission obtained from the Principal. Merely submitting an application or a telephonic message wont suffice.
- Pupil should have a minimum of 85% attendance to be eligible for appearing for the exams.
- Students having 100% attendance will receive merit certificates.
- On working days, students can leave the campus only with prior permission of Principal and should be accompanied by parents/guardians.
- Students suffering from contagious or infectious disease shall not be permitted to attend the school. A doctor’s certificate is required for rejoining classes.
- Late arrival is a breach of discipline. A student who comes late to school must enter the date and time of arrival in the ‘Regularity Record’ under ‘late’. Late arrivals may be punished each time. Students who come late habitually may be sent back home.
- Admission to class for absentees and late comers is granted only after they show the teacher-in-charge the Regularity Record duly counter-signed by the Principal.
Tests/Exams and Promotion
- For the purpose of evaluation, the school conducts Unit tests and Class tests. These tests are taken into account for he Half-yearly and Promotion Exams. Absence from these tests will have an adverse effect on promotion.
- Proficiency is given on the basis of academic excellence.
- Candidates who have have either copied from other candidates or given opportunities to other candidates to copy from them, or communicate dishonestly with other candidates or found guilty of bringing answer sheets or substituting answer scripts during exams will be given zero in that subject and/or will be debarred from future examinations. They will be declared to have failed and may even be expelled from the school.
- In all questions of promotion and failure the Principal’s decision is final.
- Re-exams or tests are not held for absent students. Their promotion will be decided according to their performance during the year. Those who do not complete homework, bring texts/note books or study their daily lessons, 2 marks will be deducted from the ensuing UT/Exams.
- Answer scripts of all examinations except the final examination are to be signed by the parents. Students must check for error in the scripts/marks and clear all doubts before the marks are taken down. Once the scripts are given away no alteration in the marks will be made.